STATE HOUSING INITIATIVES PARTNERSHIP
LOW INCOME HOUSING ASSISTANCEState Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance To be eligible to apply for financial assistance you must:
- Not have owned a home in the last three (3) years.
- Not purchase property that is currently occupied by a tenant other than you.
- Complete an approved Credit Counseling Clinic and receive a certificate of completion.
- You need your credit reports for Credit Counseling Clinic, visit our Credit Clinic page for days and time.
- Complete an approved Homebuyer Education Training Classes and receive a certificate of completion.
- Utilize the home purchased as your principal residence.
- The homebuyer (s) must obtain the maximum first mortgage for which they are eligible.
- Meet the eligibility requirements of the current H.U.D. Section 8 Income Limits/AMI based on your family size. Income limits updated by HUD effective August 2017.